|TITAN||TOUCH 2||SENSE 2||MERGE||MYCRO||MERGE CR|
|All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices|
Anti-Passback is a security mechanism that prevents a card holder from passing their card back to a second person to gain entry into the same controlled area. It's a technique used to prevent a card gaining access to an area without first having exited that area. The Anti-Passback feature sets a specific sequence in which the user’s credentials must be used in order for the system to grant access. IXM devices allow for programming of Entry and Exit parameters.
Configuring Anti-Passback in IXM WEB
1. Click Home -> CONFIG tile -> Anti-Passback app to view default settings.
2. Toggle “Anti-Passback settings” to ON to activate them.
3. The list of settings along with their functions are outlined below:
○ Device Type: Device can be configured as an Entry (IN) or an Exit (OUT) device type. Entry (IN) device type remembers the anti-passback status of each card in the system, the three possibilities being that the card is currently“IN”or“OUT”or its status is undefined.
○ Re-enter Delay: Specify the minimum duration between Entry (IN) and Exit (OUT). When a card enters into an Anti-Passback area, it will be removed and deemed to be of unknown whereabouts by the system after the delay has passed. For example an entry of 60 seconds would cause a Card to be returned to the unknown state one minute after entering the area. The user will be able to set the delay between (0-1800) seconds.
○ Mode (Soft/Strict): ‘Strict’ anti-pass-back restricts the entry with logs. ‘Soft’ anti-pass-back allows the re-entry but maintains the log.
○ Forgiveness: Forgiveness time is used to clear all cards from an AntiPassback area at a specific time of each day. At the Forgiveness time, any card present within an Anti-Passback area is removed and deemed to be of unknown whereabouts by the system. The next use of a Card at any Reader associated with the Anti-Passback area will place it back into the correct side of the Anti-Passback area.
○ Duress Status: When Duress Status is active, it will allow user to pass, when he/she uses one of her/his duress fingers.
4. Once all the settings have been configured, click Apply to save the settings to the IXM device. An “Anti-Passback Settings saved” message will be displayed. Click OK.
5. Click Clear violation to clear all the IN & OUT entries generated during normal operation. Reconfirm the action by clicking Reset in the pop-up dialog. If “Cancel” option is selected, then no action will be taken.
6. To reset the Anti-Passback settings back to default, Click Reset. Reconfirm the action by clicking Reset in the pop-up dialog. If “Cancel” option is selected, then no action will be taken..
7. The “Anti-Passback settings restored” message will be displayed. Click OK.
1. Who can configure Anti-Passback settings in IXM WEB?
All IXM WEB users who have access to the CONFIG tile can configure Anti-Passback in IXM WEB.
2. Can forgiveness be applied for both Entry and Exit devices?
Forgiveness can be applied to only Entry (IN) device. For Exit (OUT) device, the Forgiveness button is disabled.
3. Can multiple devices be used for Anti-Passback settings?
Only one device can be configured as either Entry (IN) or Exit (OUT) device.