Configuring IXM Link for Gallagher
|TITAN||TOUCH 2||SENSE 2||MERGE||MYCRO||MERGE CR|
|All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices|
Link for Gallagher is designed to sync cardholders and their cards between Gallagher’s Command Centre software and Invixium’s IXM WEB. Link is a license based module and requires a separate license to function.
Definitions and Acronyms
|GCC||Gallagher Command Centre|
|ACPCS||Access Control Panel Configuration Software|
|API||Gallagher Cardholder Change Tracking API|
|WS||Gallagher Cardholder Web Service|
|DC||Gallagher Cardholder Diagnostic Client|
|Personal Data Field|
- Before starting IXM Link for Gallagher, there are some software and certificates that need to be installed on the machine where IXM WEB & Gallagher are installed. Following are the details of the same:
- Procure the following from Gallagher:
- API installer
- WS installer
- DC installer. It should be in the zip archive file of WS installer. This is required to learn where WS is running.
- User.exe to create read only user in GCC databases for API.
- UpdateUniqueField.exe. This is needed to avoid having to manually assign unique value to custom PDF of existing cardholders as it automatically assigns unique values to numeric custom PDF.
- Install following software (if not installed already) where IXM WEB is installed.
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
1.1 Installing API:
Note: GCC .lic license file has to be placed in the C:\Windows folder for API to function. Substitute C with drive letter where OS is installed. Windows folder name could be WinNT depending on the OS.
- Run API installer on the machine IXM WEB is installed on.
- During installation make a note of the location where API is installed. This is to be specified in Link configuration later.
- Install WS from where it can communicate with GCC and where IXM WEB can communicate with it.
- During installation specify IP or name of computer where GCC is installed.
- This also installs a tool to generate certificates for securing communication between WS and Link.
- Run certification tool at the end of installation, or separately from Windows Start menu when required.
- Log into the certification tool using valid GCC login credentials.
- On first run of certification tool click Create
- Check/Tick “Generate raw certificate files”.
- Write IP or machine name where IXM WEB is running in Client Name / IP Address.
- Provide location to store certificates on file system in Output Path.
- Click Add.
- Select the generated certificate and copy with CTRL + C. Paste in a text editor to separate the password. Password would be required in step 32 below.
- Close certification tool.
- A prompt would come up. Click Yes to start the WS.
- Copy certificate files where IXM WEB is installed.
- Open mmc where IXM WEB is installed, keep Windows button pressed and press R key on the keyboard. Type “mmc” and clickEnter.
- Select “Add/Remove Snap-in” from File menu in mmc or press Ctrl+M.
- Select “Certificates” in Available snap-ins panel on the left.
- Click Add button in the middle.
- Select Computer account.
- Click Next Click Finish.Click OK
- Expand Certificates (Local Computer).
- Right click Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
- Select “All Tasks”. Click Import.
- Click Next.
- Browse to GallagherWebServicesRootCertificate[xxxxx].cer file generated by certification tool where xxxxx is the IP or name of the computer where IXM WEB is running.
- Click Next, Next, Finish.Click OKon import successful prompt.
- Right click on Personal above Trusted Root Certification Authorities mentioned in step 24.
- Select “All Tasks”. Select Import.Click Next.
- Browse to GallagherWebServicesClientCertificate[xxxxx].pfx file generated by certification tool where xxxxx is the IP or name of the computer where IXM WEB is running.
- Click Next.Provide password noted from certification tool (Step 13). Click Next.
- Click Next.Click Finish.Click OK.on import succeeded prompt.
1.2 Installing Diagnostic Client
- Install DC where WS is installed.
- Run DC from Windows start menu.
- Note down value given in Web service URI: field to be specified in Link configuration.
- Close DC.
1.3 Creating Read Only User
- Run User.exe where GCC is installed.
- Provide Username. Default is ReadOnlyUser.
- Provide Password and confirm it. Remember Password for Link configuration.
- Click Create in the upper right corner.
- Click OK on User created successfully prompt.
- Click Done to close User.exe.
1.4 Unique PDF
Note: UpdateUniqueField.exe is meant to be used with numeric PDFs only.
- Create custom PDF (with unique & numeric) in GCC to identify each cardholder with a unique value. Usually this is called User ID, Personnel Number, Employee Number, Employee Code etc.
- For existing users Gallagher provides a small utility to auto populate numeric PDF with incremental integral number values.
- UpdateUniqueField.exe is a console app and should come with a text file with instructions on how to use it.
- Run it if required.
- Once console app gets completed, update custom PDF with unique, numeric & required field.
- From Home screen go to LICENSE tile >> Link >> Gallagher.
- Select the license required and click Requestto see details to be sent to Invixium support in order to request license.
- Details screen will vary based on whether SMTP settings are configured in IXM WEB:
- If SMTP settings are not configured, a “Copy to Clipboard” button will appear.
- Click it to copy request details shown on the clipboard. Paste the copied details in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to start licensing process.
- b. When SMTP settings are configured, a “Send” button will appear.
- Click it to email details displayed to Invixium support to start licensing process.
- Once you receive license key from Invixium go back to same page from which you requested license and input license key in the Key field as shown below.
- Click Activate to apply license.
Configuring Wiegand to output Gallagher
- Register all IXM devices.
- From Home go to CONFIG tile and click Wiegand.
- Select device as displayed:
- Set ID Type of output Wiegand to Prox Card ID as displayed.
Invixium devices can have up to 512-bits customizable Wiegand formats. The default output is Standard 26-bit. To change the output to a different Wiegand format, refer the Configuring Wiegand document.
- Click Apply given in the Output section.
- This would change the setting of device selected in step 3.
- If you have more devices then follow steps 8 to 10 to copy all Wiegand settings to all devices simultaneously. Note: This copies all Wiegand settings.
- From Home screen click quick link for Broadcast (satellite dish icon) or click SYNC tile and select Broadcast as displayed:
- Select the device for which you’ve set the ID Type above and check Wiegand under the Communication section as displayed:
- Click Broadcast in the lower right corner and select rest of devices in the popup as displayed. Click OK to copy all Wiegand settings of source device to all destination devices at once.
Following are the GCC fields which are mapped with GCC IXM WEB.
|GCC Field||IXM Field||Notes|
|First name||First Name|
|Last Name||Last Name|
|Division||Department||This is mandatory when adding or editing user from IXM WEB.|
|(Custom PDF)||User ID||This needs to be created before user starts using IXM Link.|
|Number (Cardholder Cards Tile)||Prox ID|
|Issue (Cardholder Cards Tile)||Issue Level|
|Facility Code||Facility Code|
Configuring LINK for Gallagher
- Click on Link tile >> Gallagher app. By default, the Gallagher configuration is turned OFF.
- Enable editing configuration by toggling switch in top right corner to ONData is not synced when configuration is applied with this switch in OFF position.
- Each configuration setting is explained below:
- Unique PDF: Name of numeric custom PDF that uniquely identifies cardholders.
- Card Type: Name of card type. Only cards of this type will be synced.
- Access Group: Link would add users to this access group in Gallagher Command Center.
- Web Service URL: URL where Gallagher Cardholder Web Service is running as indicated in Gallagher Cardholder Diagnostic Client.
- Client Version:Leave this to default unless required.
- Web Service User: Gallagher Command Center Operator with rights required by Gallagher Cardholder Web Service. Could be system.
- Web Service Password: Password for Web Service User.
- Culture: Leave this to default unless required.
- Server: Gallagher Command Center database server.
- User: Read only user created using User.exe..
- Password: Password for User.
- Change Tracking API Location: Path where Gallagher Cardholder Change Tracking API is installed.
- Interval: Specify in seconds how often sync should take place.
- Sync Direction:
- ➣ Sync data from Gallagher to IXM WEB
- ➣ Sync data from IXM WEB to Gallagher
- ➣ Sync data both ways. Link will update IXM WEB first and then Gallagher.
- Auto Transfer: LINK can send all users imported from Gallager to all registered Invixium devices. Other options include – a) not sending any users automatically or (b) sending only users whose fingerprint(s) are enrolled.
- Note: If any User Group is created on any device then turn Auto Transfer off by setting it to None of the Users to Any Device. User Group and Device Group are alternative mechanisms provided to distribute users to devices and they don’t mix well. You should turn this off and use User Group/Device Group feature when number of users imported from Gallagher exceeds number of users allowed on IXM device(s).
- Click Apply to save the changes.
- Visiting this view while main switch is ON collapses Configuration section and expands Activity section.
- Here you can see data pertaining to license usage with last and next run times.
- Clicking Sync Now immediately syncs pending data. This is useful when you don’t want to wait until the next scheduled run which is shown in Next Run At.
- When data is syncing at the given interval, the numbers on the Activity log will change accordingly.
- GCC system can have multiple tokens per user but IXM WEB supports only one Prox card. Link selects the first available card which is valid.
Configuring Panel feedback with Gallagher
- Connect Wiegand Data D0 of Gallagher with WDATA_OUT0 of IXM device, Wiegand Data D1 of Gallagher with WDATA_OUT1 & Wiegand Ground of Gallagher with WGND of IXM Device.
- Connect LED of Gallagher with ACP_LED1 of IXM device.
- Click CONFIG tile >> Panel Feedback app. By default, the Panel Feedback is turned OFF.
- Toggle Panel Feedback settings to “ON”, LED Control By Panel to “ACTIVE” & Select LED Mode as “One LED”.
- Click Apply to save the changes.