Configuring IXM Link for S2 Security
|TITAN||TOUCH 2||SENSE 2||MERGE||MYCRO||MERGE CR|
|All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices|
Link for S2 is designed to sync cardholders and their cards between S2 Security’s S2 NetBox software and Invixium’s IXM WEB. Link is a license based module and requires a separate license to function.
- From Home screen go to LICENSE tile >> Link >> S2.
- Select license required and click Request to see details to be sent to Invixium support in order to request license.
- Details screen will vary based on whether SMTP settings are configured in IXM WEB:
- If SMTP settings are not configured, a “Copy to Clipboard” button will appear.
- Click it to copy request details shown on to the clipboard. Paste the copied details in an email to email@example.com to start licensing process.
- b. When SMTP settings are configured, a “Send” button will appear.
- Click it to email details displayed to Invixium support to start licensing process.
- Once you receive the license key from Invixium, go back to the same page from which you requested license and input license key in the Key field as shown below.
- Click Activate to apply license.
Configuring Wiegand to output S2
- Register all IXM devices.
- From Home go to CONFIG tile and click Wiegand.
- Select device as displayed:
- Set ID Type of output Wiegand to Prox Card ID as displayed:
Note: Invixium devices can have up to 512-bits customizable Wiegand format. The default output is Standard 26-bit. To change the output to a different Wiegand format, refer the Configuring Wiegand document.
- Click Apply given in the Output section.
- This would change the setting of device selected in step 3.
- If you have more devices then follow next steps to copy all Wiegand settings to all devices simultaneously. Note: This copies all Wiegand settings.
- From Home screen click quick link for Broadcast (satellite dish icon) or click SYNC tile and select Broadcast as displayed:
- Select the device for which you’ve set the ID Type above and check Wiegand in Communication section as displayed:
- Click Broadcastin the lower right corner and select rest of devices in the popup as displayed. Click OK to copy all Wiegand settings of source device to all destination devices at once.
Following are the NetBox fields mapped with IXM WEB.
|NetBox Field||IXM Field||Notes|
|ID#||User ID||NetBox allows alphanumeric & special characters in ID# while IXM WEB allows only alphanumeric. Hence, IXM WEB will sync only those users whose ID# value is compatible with IXM WEB.|
|First Name||First Name|
|Last Name||Last Name|
|Telephone2 (Other Contact tab)||Home Phone|
|Telephone (Other Contact tab)||Office Phone|
|Phone (Contact tab)||Mobile|
|Email (Contact tab)|
|Activation Date/Time & Expiration Date/Time||Start Date & End Date||If both Activation and Expiration Date times are specified then they are synced from NetBox to IXM WEB|
|Hot Stamp||Prox ID|
|Location (Contact tab)||Location|
|Deleted||Suspend User||NetBox doesn’t actually delete users, so records deleted in IXM WEB are flagged deleted in NetBox.|
Configuring LINK for S2
- Click Link tile >> S2 Security app. By default, the S2 configuration is turned OFF.
- Enable editing configuration by toggling switch in top right corner to ON Data is not synchronized when configuration is applied with this switch in OFF position.
- Each configuration setting is explained below:
- Web Service URL: NetBox API URL.
- Web Service User: Name to log into NetBox.
- Web Service Password: Password to log into NetBox.
- Card Format: Valid Card format which allows syncing of cards between NetBox and IXM WEB.
- Interval: Latency acceptable between data transfer.
- Sync Direction:
- ➣ Sync data from NetBox to IXM WEB
- ➣ Sync data from IXM WEB to NetBox
- ➣ Sync data both ways. Link will update IXM WEB first and then NetBox.
- Auto Transfer:LINK can send all users imported from NetBox to all registered Invixium devices. Other options are not sending any users automatically or sending only users whose fingerprint(s) have enrolled.
- Note:If you’ve created any User Group on any device then turn Auto Transfer off by setting it to None of the Users to Any Device. User Group and Device Group are alternative mechanisms provided to distribute users to devices and they don’t mix well. You should turn this off and use User Group/Device Group feature when number of users imported from NetBox exceeds number of users allowed on IXM device(s).
- Click Apply to save the changes.
- Visiting this view while main switch is ON collapses Configuration section and expands Activity section.
- Here you can see some data pertaining to last and next run times.
- Clicking Sync Now immediately starts synchronizing pending data. This is useful when you don’t want to wait until the next scheduled run which is shown in Next Run At.
- When data is syncing at the given interval, the numbers on the view would change accordingly.
NetBox can have multiple cards per user but IXM WEB supports only one Prox card. Link selects one of the cards with CARDFORMAT specified in configuration and one which is active/temporary and not expired.