Configuring Link for Paxton
|TITAN||TOUCH 2||SENSE 2||MERGE||MYCRO||MERGE CR|
|All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices|
- Link for Net2 is designed to sync users and their tokens between Paxton’s Net2 software and Invixium’s IXM WEB. Link is a license based module and requires a separate license to function.
- From Home screen go to LICENSE tile >> Link >> Paxton.
- Select the license required and click Request to see details to be sent to Invixium support in order to request license.
- Details screen will vary based on whether SMTP settings are configured in IXM WEB:
- If SMTP settings are not configured, a “Copy to Clipboard” button will appear.
- Click it to copy request details shown on the clipboard. Paste the copied details in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to start licensing process.
- b. When SMTP settings are configured, a “Send” button will appear.
- Click it to email details displayed to Invixium support to start licensing process.
- Once you receive the license key from Invixium, go back to same page from which you requested the license and input license key in the Key field as shown below.
- Click Activate to apply license.
Configuring Wiegand to output Net2 tokens
- Register all IXM devices.
- From Home go to CONFIG tile and click Wiegand.
- Select device as displayed:
- Set ID Type of output Wiegand to Prox Card ID as displayed.
Note: Invixium devices can have up to 512-bits customizable Wiegand formats. The default output is Standard 26-bit. To change the output to a different Wiegand format, refer the Configuring Wiegand document.
- Click Apply given in the Output section.
- This would change the setting of device selected in step 3.
- If you have more devices then follow steps 8 to 10 to copy all Wiegand settings to all devices simultaneously. Note: This copies all Wiegand settings.
- From Home screen click quick link for Broadcast (satellite dish icon) or click SYNC tile and select Broadcast as displayed:
- Select the device for which you’ve set the ID Type above and check Wiegand under the Communication section as displayed:
- Click Broadcast.in the lower right corner and select rest of devices in the popup as displayed. Click OK to copy all Wiegand settings of source device to all destination devices at once.
Following are the Net2 fields mapped with IXM WEB.
|Net2 Field||IXM Fiel||Notes|
|First name||First Name|
|Valid from||Start Date||If Start Date is null in IXM WEB then this is set to date when sync takes place in Net2.|
|Expires end||End Date||If End Date is null in IXM WEB then this is set to 31/12/9999 when sync takes place in Net2.|
|Address 1||Address – 1|
|Address 2||Address – 2|
|Post code||ZIP Code|
|Home telephone||Home Phone|
|Token number||Prox ID||For new user if this is null/blank then IXM WEB will generate a unique one and assign it to both systems.|
|AntiPassbackUser||Anti-Passback||This field is not visible in Net2 but it is a mandatory field and default status is ACTIVE.|
|LostCard||No equivalent||If Lost Token is marked as true in Net2 then IXM WEB will mark Prox ID as null.|
Configuring LINK for Paxton
- Click Link tile >> Paxton app. By default, the Paxton configuration is turned OFF.
- Enable editing configuration by toggling switch in top right corner to ON Data is not synced when configuration is applied with this switch in OFF position.
- Each configuration setting is explained below:
- Server: Name or IP of computer where Net2 service is running.
- User: Name of Net2 operator.
- Password: Password of Net2 operator.
- Port: OS port where Net2 service is listening for incoming connection.
- Interval:Latency acceptable between data transfer.
- Sync Direction:
- ➣ Sync data from Net2 to IXM WEB
- ➣ Sync data from IXM WEB to Net2
- ➣ Sync data both ways. Link will update IXM WEB first and then Paxton.
- Auto Transfer:Link can send all users imported from Net2 to all registered Invixium devices. Other options include – a) not sending any users automatically or (b) sending only users whose fingerprint(s) are enrolled.
- Note: If any User Group is created on any device then turn Auto Transfer off by setting it to None of the Users to Any Device. User Group and Device Group are alternative mechanisms provided to distribute users to devices and they don’t mix well. You should turn this off and use User Group/Device Group feature when number of users imported from Net2 exceeds number of users allowed on IXM device(s).
- Click Apply to save the changes.
- Visiting this view while configuration switch is ON collapses Configuration section and expands Activity section.
- Here you can see data pertaining to license usage with last and next run times.
- Clicking Sync Now immediately syncs pending data. This is useful when you don’t want to wait until the next scheduled run which is shown in Next Run At.
- When data is syncing at the given interval, the numbers in the Activity log will change accordingly.
Paxton’s Net2 can have multiple tokens per user but IXM WEB supports only one Prox card. Link will select the first available card which is not marked as a Lost Card.
Fingerprint Enrollment from Net2
- A Net2 add-on (to be run separately) is provided to start IXM WEB fingerprint enrollment for new users added in Net2. When add-on is running, it injects a button in Net2 just above “Add User” in lower right corner.
- Right clicking Enrol Biometric brings up configuration view for the add-on as shown below.
- End user can make 3 changes here:
- Change IXM WEB URL.
- Select favorite browser.
- Select favorite browser.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
- Clicking Enrol Biometricopens IXM WEB fingerprint enrollment view for the user. The enrollment will open in the browser selected in step 2.
- End user should be logged in to IXM WEB in the selected browser before starting enrollment.
Configuring Panel feedback with Paxton
- Connect Paxton’s Wiegand Data D0 with WDATA_OUT0 of IXM device, Paxton’s Wiegand Data D1 with WDATA_OUT1 of IXM device & Wiegand Ground of Paxton with WGND of IXM device.
- onnect Paxton’s green LED with ACP_LED1 of IXM device & Paxton’s red LED with ACP_LED2 of IXM device.
- Click CONFIG tile >> Panel Feedback app. By default, the Panel Feedback is turned OFF.
- Toggle Panel Feedback settings to “ON”, LED Control By Panel to “ACTIVE” & Select LED Mode as “Two LED”.
- Click Apply to save the changes.