Configuring Link for RS2
|TITAN||TOUCH 2||SENSE 2||MERGE||MYCRO||MERGE CR|
|All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices|
- Link for RS2 is designed to sync cardholders and their cards between RS2’s Access It! software and Invixium’s IXM WEB. Link is a license based module and requires a separate license to function.
- From Home screen go to LICENSE tile >> Link >> RS2.
- Select the required license and click Request to see details to be sent to Invixium support in order to request license.
- Details screen will vary based on whether SMTP settings are configured in IXM WEB:
- If SMTP settings are not configured, a “Copy to Clipboard” button will appear.
- Click it to copy request details shown on the clipboard. Paste the copied details in an email to email@example.com to start licensing process.
- b. When SMTP settings are configured, a “Send” button will appear.
- Click it to email details displayed to Invixium support to start licensing process.
- Once you receive the license key from Invixium, go back to same page from which you requested the license and input license key in the Key field as shown below.
- Click Activate to apply license.
Configuring Wiegand to output RS2
- Register all IXM devices.
- From Home go to CONFIG tile and click Wiegand.
- Select device as displayed:
- Set ID Type of output Wiegand to Prox Card ID as displayed.
Note: Invixium devices can have up to 512-bits customizable Wiegand formats. The default output is Standard 26-bit. To change the output to a different Wiegand format, refer the Configuring Wiegand document.
- Click Apply given in the Output section.
- This would change the setting of device selected in step 3.
- If you have more devices then follow steps 8 to 10 to copy all Wiegand settings to all devices simultaneously. Note: This copies all Wiegand settings.
- From Home screen click quick link for Broadcast (satellite dish icon) or click SYNC tile and select Broadcast as displayed:
- Select the device for which you’ve set the ID Type above and check Wiegand under the Communication section as displayed:
- Click Broadcast.in the lower right corner and select rest of devices in the popup as displayed. Click OK to copy all Wiegand settings of source device to all destination devices at once.
Following are the AI fields mapped with IXM WEB.
|RS2 Field||IXM Field||Notes|
|Last name||Last name|
|First name||First name|
|Cardholder Status||Suspend User||IXM WEB has two values ACTIVE and INACTIVE while AI has three statuses Inactive, Active, and Date based. Active of AI is mapped to INACTIVE, Inactive of AI is mapped to ACTIVE as Suspend User in IXM WEB. Date is mapped to Start Date & End Date of IXM WEB. Following are the details.|
|Cardholder status Date is Active (Cardholder status – Date based)||Start Date||AI doesn’t allow value less than 1/1/1970.|
|Cardholder status Date is Expire (Cardholder status – Date based)||End Date||AI doesn’t allow value greater than 31/12/2035.|
|Card number||Prox ID|
|Facility Code||Facility Code|
|PIN Number||PIN||RS2 has PIN at card level which is mapped to PIN at user level since IXM WEB supports only one card per user. The rationale is that user remembers his PIN which can be used on Invixium devices for authentication. In RS2 default value for PIN Number is 0. If PIN Number is 0 then it is considered as empty in IXM WEB.|
|Card status||“No equivalent”||Prox ID, Facility Code, and PIN are set when Card status is not Inactive. For Inactive card status not transferred to IXM WEB.|
|Active (Card status – Date based) & Expire (Card status – Date based)||“No equivalent”||If active date is less than or equal to current date & expiry date is greater than and equal to current date then Prox ID, Facility Code, and PIN transferred to IXM WEB.|
Configuring LINK for RS2
- Click on Link tile >> RS2 app. By default, the RS2 configuration is turned OFF
- Enable editing configuration by toggling switch in top right corner to ON Data is not synced when configuration is applied with this switch in OFF position.
- Each configuration setting is explained below:
- Authentication Mode: Windows or SQL Server as authentication mode for login type.
- Server: Name or IP of SQL Server Instance where RS2 database is installed.
- User: User Name to log into SQL Server to access Database.
- Password: Password to log into SQL Server to access Database.
- Database: Select database which contains RS2 users.
- Interval:Latency acceptable between data transfer.
- Sync Direction:
- ➣ Sync data from RS2 to IXM WEB
- ➣ Sync data from IXM WEB to RS2
- ➣ Sync data both ways. Link will update IXM WEB first and then RS2.
- Auto Transfer:Link can send all users imported from RS2 to all registered Invixium devices. Other options include – (a) not sending any users automatically or (b) sending only users whose fingerprint(s) have enrolled.
- Note: If you’ve created any User Group on any device then turn Auto Transfer off by setting it to None of the Users to Any Device. User Group and Device Group are alternative mechanisms provided to distribute users to devices and they don’t mix well. You should turn this off and use User Group/Device Group feature when number of users imported from RS2 exceeds number of users allowed on IXM device(s).
- Click Apply to save the changes.
- Visiting this view while main switch is ON collapses Configuration section and expands Activity section.
- Here you can see data pertaining to license usage with last and next run times.
- Clicking Sync Now immediately syncs pending data. This is useful when you don’t want to wait until the next scheduled run which is shown in Next Run At.
- When data is syncing at the given interval, the numbers in the Activity log will change accordingly.
- Click Sync Card Formats to import card formats present in AI.
- A Card Format is not imported when:
- It has the same name as standard 26-bit Wiegand or a Passthru Wiegand already present in IXM WEB. In other words, only custom Wiegands can be overwritten.
- Invalid card format will not be imported.
- Any of the numbers in a card format in AI is negative.
- Card Formats added, updated, and deleted in AI are added, updated, and deleted in IXM WEB accordingly.
- A Card Format is not imported when:
- PAI can have multiple cards for one cardholder, but IXM WEB supports only one Prox Card for one user. Link will transfer all the cards details from AI to IXM WEB based on validity of card. Click the Ellipsis button next to Prox ID to see other card details in IXM WEB.
- Click on card number to view all the available card details in IXM WEB. Select the card ID to change the default card in IXM WEB.
- Popup will be empty if user doesn’t have any cards in the RS2 database or when Link is unable to fetch list either when it’s turned off or not licensed.
Fingerprint Enrollment from RS2
- Click System tabon left hand menu.
- Select Workstations
- Edit the workstation you want to enable this on.
- Select Encode/Enroll tab
- Click New
- Enter name
- Select Device Type of Invixium.
- Enter http://IXM_WEB_IP_ADDRESS:IXM_WEB_PORT/Link/EnrollRS2User/ (for example: http://192.168.1.118:9108/Link/EnrollRS2User) in the enrollment URL field.
- Click OK.
- Close and reopen the software.
- Go to Main >> Cardholder >> Select user >> Click on card number. This will show device name which was created previously in menu bar.
- Click on that to launch IXM WEB using “Invixium Enrollment URL” with the cardholder ID appended for enrollment.
Configuring Panel feedback with RS2
- Connect Wiegand Data D0 of RS2 with WDATA_OUT0 of IXM device, Wiegand Data D1 of RS2 with WDATA_OUT1 & Wiegand Ground of RS2 with WGND of IXM Device.
- Connect LED of RS2 with ACP_LED1 of IXM device.
- Click CONFIG tile >> Panel Feedback app. By default, the Panel Feedback is turned OFF.
- Toggle Panel Feedback settings to “ON”, LED Control By Panel to “ACTIVE” & Select LED Mode as “One LED”.
- Click Apply to save the changes.