Configuring Link for Siemens SiPass
|TITAN||TOUCH 2||SENSE 2||MERGE||MYCRO||MERGE CR|
|All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices|
Link for Siemens SiPass is designed to sync cardholders and their cards between Siemens SiPass software and Invixium’s IXM WEB. Link is a license based module and requires a separate license to function. Siemens SiPass Integrated Software & IXM WEB should be installed in the same machine.
- From Home screen go to LICENSE tile >> Link >> Siemens SiPass
- Select license required and click Request to see details to be sent to Invixium support in order to request license.
- Details screen will vary based on whether SMTP settings are configured in IXM WEB:
- If SMTP settings are not configured, a “Copy to Clipboard” button will appear.
- Click it to copy request details shown on the clipboard. Paste the copied details in an email to email@example.com to start licensing process.
- b. When SMTP is configured, a “Send” button will appear.
- Click it to email details displayed to Invixium support to start licensing process.
- Once you receive license key from Invixium, go back to same page from which you requested the license and input license key in the Key field as shown below.
- Click Activate to apply license.
Configuring Wiegand to output Siemens SiPass
- Register all IXM devices.
- From Home go to CONFIG tile and click Wiegand.
- Select device as displayed:
- Set ID Type of output Wiegand to Prox Card ID as displayed:
Note: Invixium devices can have up to 512-bits customizable Wiegand format. The default output is Standard 26-bit. To change the output to a different Wiegand format, refer the Configuring Wiegand document.
- Click Apply given in the Output section.
- This would change the setting of device selected in step 3.
- If you have more devices then follow steps 8 to 10. to copy all Wiegand settings to all devices simultaneously. Note: This copies all Wiegand settings.
- From Home screen click quick link for Broadcast (satellite dish icon) or click SYNC tile and select Broadcast as displayed:
- Select the device for which you’ve set the ID Type above and check Wiegand in Communication section as displayed:
- Click Broadcast button in the lower right corner and select rest of devices in the popup as displayed. Click OK to copy all Wiegand settings of source device to all destination devices at once.
Following are the Siemens SiPass fields mapped with IXM WEB.
|SiPass Field||IXM Field||Notes|
|First Name||First Name|
|Last Name||Last Name|
|Employee Number||User ID|
|Phone Number||Office Phone|
|Start Date||Start Date||If this is null in IXM WEB, then sync process will set this as sync date as SiPass doesn’t accept empty.|
|End Date||End Date||For case when this is null in SiPass database which in SiPass software means access till next 100 years we set this to same i.e. today’s date + 100 years in IXM WEB which roughly means the same for all practical purposes.|
|Phone / Mobile||Prox ID|
|Workgroup||Department||Workgroup is mandatory in case of Sipass user, hence if Sipass license is activated, department field becomes mandatory in IXM WEB while adding/updating user|
Configuring LINK for Siemens SiPass
- Click on Link tile >> Siemens SiPass app. By default, the Siemens SiPass configuration is turned OFF.
- Enable editing configuration by toggling switch in top right corner to OFF. Data is not synchronized when configuration is applied with this switch in OFF position.
- Each configuration setting is explained below:
- Server: IP address of the server where Siemens SiPass is installed.
- User: User of SiPass software.
- Password: Password of SiPass software.
- Interval:Latency acceptable between data transfer.
- Sync Direction:
- ➣ Sync data from Siemens SiPass to IXM WEB
- ➣ Sync data from IXM WEB to SiPass
- ➣ Sync data both ways. Link will update IXM WEB first and then SiPass.
- Auto Transfer:Link can send all users imported from Siemens SiPass to all registered Invixium devices. Other options include – (a) not sending any users automatically or (b) sending only users whose fingerprint(s) are enrolled.
- Note:If you’ve created any User Group on any device then turn Auto Transfer off by setting it to None of the Users to Any Device. User Group and Device Group are alternative mechanisms provided to distribute users to devices and they don’t mix well. You should turn this off and use User Group/Device Group feature also when number of users imported from Siemens SiPass exceeds number of users allowed on IXM device(s).
- Click Apply to save the changes.
- Visiting this view while main switch is ON collapses Configuration section and expands Activity section.
- Here you can see some data pertaining to last and next run times.
- Clicking Sync Now immediately starts synchronizing pending data. This is useful when you don’t want to wait until the next scheduled run which is shown in Next Run At.
- When data is syncing at the given interval, the numbers on the Activity log will change accordingly.
Siemens SiPass can have multiple cards per user but IXM WEB supports only one Prox card. Link selects the first available valid card.