Configuring Panel Feedback
|TITAN||TOUCH 2||SENSE 2||MYCRO|
|All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices|
IXM devices can be deployed in a full Access Control installation and include direct connections to any Access Control Panel. In such an installation, the authentication cycle can be considered a two-staged process where the first is (a) physical authentication at the IXM device level which automatically triggers the second (b) authentication at the Panel level. Given the two-staged process, some installations require the LED indicators on the IXM device to report the result of the authentication attempt after the second stage. This requires the LEDs on the IXM device to be controlled by the Panel. IXM devices allow for LED control by the Panel if the functionality is available on the Panel itself.
This feature is called Panel Feedback and requires the following:
- Hard wire connections to the Wiring Harness of the IXM device.
- Configuration of the Panel Feedback settings in IXM WEB.
Hard Wire Connections
The Panel Feedback connections are highlighted below and can be located on the Top Connector of the Wiring Harness of the IXM device. The corresponding outputs from the Panel should be connected to these wires for LED control by the Panel.
INVIXIUM recommends the use of all ground wires.
Configuring Panel Feedback from IXM WEB
1. From Home screen go to CONFIG tile >> Panel Feedback app to view default settings.
2. Activate the Panel Feedback settings by toggling them to ON.
3. The list of settings along with their functions are outlined below:
- LED Control By Panel: In Active mode, LEDs on the IXM device will be controlled by the panel.
- LED Mode: Selecting “One LED” mode will allow the Panel to turn the LEDs on the IXM device either GREEN or RED (one wire connection). Selecting “Two LED” mode will allow the Panel to turn the LEDs on the IXM device either OFF, GREEN, RED or AMBER (two wire connection).
- Timeout: Timeout for event detection (500 ms to 10000 ms). The device must receive feedback from the Panel before the timeout period.
- Events: Different events can be selected for instances where the Panel will take control of the LEDs on the IXM device (only if the triggering of the event is supported by the Panel):
- ➣ None
- ➣ Authentication Success
- ➣ Authentication Failure
- ➣ Get Pin
- ➣ Door Open
- ➣ Door Unlock
- ➣ Restart Device
- ➣ Release Alarm
- Event On Time (msec): ON time (10 to 2000 Milliseconds) of Pulse generated by Panel for selected event.
- Event Off Time (msec): OFF time (10 to 2000 Milliseconds) of Pulse generated by Panel for selected event.
4. Once all the settings have been configured, click Apply to save the settings to the IXM device. A “Panel Feedback configuration saved” message will be displayed. Click OK. .
5. To reset the Panel Feedback settings back to default, click Reset.Reconfirm the action by clicking Reset in the pop-up dialog. If “Cancel” option is selected, then no action will be taken.
6. The “Panel Feedback configuration restored” message will be displayed. Click OK.
1. Who can configure Panel Feedback in IXM WEB?
All IXM WEB users who have access to the CONFIG tile can configure Panel Feedback settings in IXM WEB.
2. Can multiple events be selected for which Panel will take a decision?
Yes, only if the triggering of the event is supported by the Panel.