Understanding Access Schedules
|TITAN||TOUCH 2||SENSE 2||MERGE||MYCRO||MERGE CR|
|All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices|
The users configured on the device have the rights to access the facility. However, the administrators can control the access of any enrolled user on the device to access the facility for a specific purpose and during a specific time. Administrators can restrict enrolled users based on weekends, holidays, day time, night time, etc. The Access Schedule feature has been provided for creating these access windows for different users.
Access schedules are created to provide the users access for a specific period of time. Administrators should select the respective device from the device drop down menu to define access schedule settings for that particular device and area. Each Device can have a maximum of 64 Access Schedules.
IXM devices are provided with 2 default access schedules which will automatically appear in the list while enrolling users. These are:
- No Access
- Full Access
Steps to create Access Schedules are as follows
1. Click CONFIG tile >> Access Schedule app. By default, the Access Schedule setting is turned OFF.
2. Toggling the Access Schedule to ON will affect the users according to the access schedule assigned to each user during enrollment.
3. Click Create and enter the “Name”, select the “Holiday Schedule” and drag the cursor to select the “Schedule Time” from Sunday to Saturday as per requirement. Click Save to save the schedule on the selected device.
4. After creating the Access Schedule, click Apply to save the newly generated schedule on the device.
5. Newly saved Access Schedules will be available in the Access Schedule drop down menu while enrolling or creating a new user.
6. To delete Access Schedules, click Delete and then click Apply to save the changes on the selected device.
1. How to set up an access schedule that allows a user to access different locations at different times?
The administrator should create the schedules on the devices so as to let the user access different facilities at different times. E.g. If the administrator wishes to have their cleaning staff access the general office area from 1800 hours and 2100 hours on week days, and access the Director’s office from 1800 and 1900 hours on Mondays and Thursdays. Follow these steps:
- Select the device (placed outside the general office area) from the device drop down menu on the IXM WEB home screen.
- Go to the CONFIG tile >> Access Schedule app >> Click Create to create a new access schedule and name it “Cleaning Staff”. Define weekdays from 1800 to 2100 hours and click Save.
- Go to the USERS tile >> Users app >> Select the User (Cleaning Person) >> Expand Access Control Information Section >> from the listed Access Schedules select the Cleaning Staff option and click Save.
- Select the device (placed outside the Director’s office) from the device drop down menu on the IXM WEB home screen.
- Go to the CONFIG tile >> Access Schedule app >> Click Create to create a new access schedule and name it “Cleaning Staff 2”, define Mondays & Thursdays from 1800 to 1900 hours, click Save.
- Go to the USERS tile >> Users app >> Select the User (Cleaning Person) >> Expand Access Control Information Section >> from the listed Access Schedules select the Cleaning Staff 2 option and click Save.
2. What if the Access Schedule is turned OFF?
If the Access Schedule setting is turned OFF, the user will be allowed to access the facility based on his authentication and the device won’t check for Access Schedules.
3. What happens if the Holiday Schedule is selected while creating a new access schedule?
The administrator can define Holiday Schedules to restrict user access to the facility on specified holidays.