Understanding of Device Notification Using IXM WEB
|All Devices||All Devices||All Devices|
IXM WEB allows users to set device notification settings. The purpose of device notifications is to personalize the Device LCD. IXM WEB allows users to set images, background audio and display text. If the device is in the alarm condition, then the device notification will be ignored. Once the alarm clears and the device is in the ideal condition, then the device notification feature will be active again.
Configure device notification
- Click CONFIG tile -> Device Notification app to get the status of device notifications.
- Toggle ON Device Notification.
- Click the Select Image section. The application will give options to select/upload image.
- Click Upload to upload new image on the device.
- Application will show a success message once the image is uploaded.
- Select the required image and click Apply.
- Click the Sound dropdown menu and select the required audio.
- Click Apply to save changes for Device Notifications.
1. Who can set Device Notifications on the device?
All IXM WEB users who have access to the CONFIG tile can set Device Notifications on a device from IXM WEB.
2. What is the maximum Image size I can upload on the device?
Users can upload any image file on the device up to a maximum size of 20 MB.
3. Which are the image file formats supported by IXM?
IXM WEB supports .jpg, .jpeg, .png and .bmp file formats to display images on the LCD.
4. Which are the audio file formats supported by IXM?
IXM WEB supports .wav, .mp3, .mp4, .aac, .flac, .ogg, .imy and .m4a file formats to play audio on IXM devices.