Understanding of Dynamic DNS in IXM device
|TITAN||TOUCH 2||SENSE 2||MERGE||MYCRO||MERGE CR|
|All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices||All Devices|
This feature is to enable communication between IXM WEB hosted on a local machine but routed using a Dynamic DNS and IXM devices installed at a remote location.
Configure Dynamic DNS settings in router
- Router, Firewall or Gateway should have support of the Dynamic DNS.
- Log into the router and click on Dynamic DNS settings.
- Service Provider: Select the Domain Name or Hostname on which service provider is registered.
- User Name: User name to login to selected service provider.
- Password: Password to login to selected service provider.
- Domain Name: Domain name or Hostname which is created at service provider.
- Click Login to connect router with selected service provider. After successful connection, connection status will change to “Succeeded!”
- Forward the following two ports using TCP protocol on router:
- IXM WEB port: Use the same port on which IXM WEB is installed. (Default IXM WEB port is 9108).
- IXM WEB hosted system port: 1255 (FIX Mandatory).
Configure Dynamic DNS settings in IXM device from IXM WEB
- Home screen go to CONFIG tile >> Communication app.
- Toggle ON WEB Cloud to enable the settings.
- Provide the URL (Domain name which is mentioned in router with port number on which IXM WEB is installed) & port (Listing port of WEB cloud (Default port is 1255)).
- Click Apply to save the settings to the IXM device.
Configure Dynamic DNS settings in IXM device from Device LCD
- Swipe to the Communication app. Tap on the Communication icon. The device will prompt for device security authentication prior to opening the app.
- Tap WEB Cloud.
- Provide the URL (Domain name which is mentioned in router) & port (Listing port of WEB cloud (Default port is 1255)).
- Click Save to store the settings.
Discover IXM cloud device in IXM WEB
- From the home screen go to Device tile >> Register Device app.
- Toggle Auto Discover to ACTIVE.
- Click Search. This will discover all the IXM devices on which IXM Cloud setting is turned ON with valid Dyn DNS URL.
- Click Register to register the device in IXM WEB.