- Onsite troubleshooting or inspections
- Technical or Installer Training
- Extended warranties for devices
- RMA repairs
- Support for products not listed above
Annual Support Contract (ASC)
What is ASC?
The Annual Support Contract (ASC) is an agreement between Invixium and its resellers, distributors, and integrator partners for technical support via phone or email during our specified support hours. This ASC, when active also includes complimentary updates for firmware and software, optional beta access, and priority attention when you have a problem.
How does it work?
The Annual Support Contract is simple. Whenever you download and activate IXM WEB, we will automatically enroll you in an ASC, providing a free year of support and updates. If you want access to Invixium technical support to continue past this initial 12 month period, you can renew at any time by contacting our Technical Services team. Renewals before the expiry date (1 year from IXM WEB activation date) will keep your ASC status active.
What are the fees?
ASC renewal fees vary for Distributors, System Integrators or End Users and are also tiered based on the number of devices to be covered under the ASC. The current ASC renewal rates are published in your Invixium reseller pricebook.
What are the benefits?
Having an ASC is like having an insurance policy and support system all in one. With an active ASC in place, you will receive post-sales support from the Invixium Technical Services team for biometric products, software, Customizations, various third-party products, and integrations.
You also gain access to firmware and software updates that can improve the security, functionality and compatibility of your products by adding new features and enhancements while also experiencing the benefits of resolved bugs. With this collection of features, an active ASC is the best way to ensure optimal performance, increased compatibility with leading access control panels, and maximum protection from the latest cybersecurity threats for your entire access control system.
What products are supported?
Invixium ‘s ASC covers all IXM biometric devices, software, SDKs, Invixium Certified Products (ICPs), and Customizations.
For a full list of supported product models, refer to the full terms and conditions of IXM Annual Support Contract.
Are there any services not covered by the ASC?
Annual Support Contract is fairly holistic in its coverage, though there are some specific scenarios not covered. These include:
What happens if I don’t renew?
When your ASC lapses, you are no longer eligible to receive Invixium Tech Support by phone or email and you lose access to future IXM WEB and device firmware updates. You will also stop receiving invitations to participate in beta release software evaluations.
Most importantly, by not renewing, you will need to purchase ASC retroactively from your original activation date if problems arise that require technical support in the future.
Here is an example.
- Let’s say you are a customer that purchased 25 units of IXM TITAN in 2019. Your IXM WEB had an activation date of March 1, 2019. Everything was working fine until April 30, 2022, when a problem arose and you need to call Invixium Technical Support.
- In this scenario, your first year of Invixium Tech Support was covered from March 1, 2019 to February 29, 2020 complimentary, as it is included for the first 12 months upon IXM WEB activation.
- You need to purchase new coverage to deal with the problem that has arisen, which will cover you from March 1, 2022 to February 28, 2023.
- The issue with lapsing your coverage comes up now. On top of paying for the current coverage, you also need to pay for the 2 year period between March 1, 2020 to February 28, 2022, which was the entire time that your system were without the ASC.
By not renewing your coverage, you are putting yourself at risk of having to pay a larger sum in the future if issues occur, on top of missing out on regular updates and support in the meantime. This makes keeping your Invixium biometric system protected the logical choice for your organization.
For more information about our Annual Support Contract, reach out to us at email@example.com.
To purchase your Annual Support Contract today, click below.